You will need:
2 small, whole chickens, quartered- I didn't do this. I used 2.5 lbs. chicken breast tenderloins.
1 (20 oz) can sliced pineapple with juice
2 bell peppers- the recipe says to cut them into strips, but I chopped them up cooked them in some olive oil.
Rice, cooked- We used a wild/brown rice mix. Just use what you like.
1 cup sugar
3 T cornstarch
3/4 vinegar- the recipe didn't specify. I used white.
1 T lemon juice (fresh, always fresh)
1 T soy sauce
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Preheat oven to 350. Wash and pat chicken dry with paper towels (if you're doing the quartered whole chicken). Shake a little salt, pepper and flour on chicken. Brown chicken in oil and placed in 10x15 inch baking pan. I baked the chicken for 20 minutes while I made the sauce.
- Drain pineapple into 2-cup measure. Add orange juice to make 1 1/2 cups liquid. Reserve juice for sauce.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups juice, sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce and chicken bouillon in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stir constantly until thick and clear and pour over chicken. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Place the pineapple slices and bell pepper on top of chicken and bake for additional 10 minutes. Serve over rice.